Property Agent Singapore – Registration Criteria
What are the requirements in order to be a property agent?
Find out here.
WHO CAN BE ESTATE AGENT:
Registration Criteria for New Property Agent
Here are the basic criteria to be fulfilled before you can be registered as a real estate salesperson:
1) Must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
2) Must be at least 21 years old.
3) Must have a minimum of 4 GCE ‘O’ Levels passes or equivalent.
4) Possess a pass in the Real Estate Salesperson (RES) exam or equivalent.
5) Be registered with only 1 licensed estate agent.
6) Must not be an existing licensee/Key Executive Officer of another licensed estate agent.
7) Must not hold a moneylender’s licence and not be an employee, director, or partner of a licensed moneylender.
8) Fulfill the fit and proper criteria, such as:
a) Must not be an un-discharged bankrupt or have entered into a composition or scheme of arrangement with their creditors.
b) Must not have any convictions in a court of law in any country.
c) Must not have any judgment that involved a finding of fraud, dishonesty or breach of fiduciary duties entered against them in civil proceedings.
d) Must not have been detained under the Misuse of Drugs Act or served with a detention/police supervision order under the Criminal Law (Temporary
e) Has not been convicted of any offence under the Estate Agents Act.